We Take A Different Approach To Resolving Your Family Law Disputes
Traditional family law attorneys tend to litigate issues such as marital property division and child custody disputes. This can extend your case longer than necessary before reaching a settlement or verdict. At the law firm of Gallant & Ervin, L.L.C., we take a different approach. Our attorneys aim to help you reach the best resolution as quickly as possible so you can move on with your life. We recognize that not all cases are subject to an amicable resolution.
Our lawyers have a strong track record in the courtroom successfully litigating family law matters through trial. We have experience trying family law cases in courts throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Maine.
We Are Full-Service Divorce And Family Law Attorneys
Our divorce lawyers have experience in the full scope of family and divorce law, including:
- Separation of property in divorce
- Achieving an equitable division of marital property in divorce, whether that is 50/50 or a fair but unequal division (for example, giving one party the marital home, but allowing the other party to keep possession of multiple cars; clearly the values of these assets are not the same, but oftentimes this type of settlement is still fair to the parties)
- Valuation of businesses and other significant assets
- Protecting your financial interests by seeking or contesting alimony under the new Alimony Reform Law
- Protecting your children’s best interests and your rights as a parent in child custody and visitation plans
- Seeking child support payments
- Arguing against financially unworkable support orders
- Representing custodial parents and parents with visitation rights in relocation and child removal cases
- Post-divorce modifications of child custody and child support
- Estate planning and probate services
- Representing heirs and administrators in will contests and other probate litigation
- Representing caretakers and family members in guardianship proceedings
Does Your Marital Property Involve a Small Business?
When ownership of a business or professional practice forms an important part of the marital estate, having a divorce attorney on your side who is familiar with approaching complex issues is essential. At Gallant & Ervin, L.L.C., we lean into our business law experience as well as our extensive divorce practice. This makes us well suited to help you address every relevant detail to protect your interests.
Property Division Agreements Involving The Equitable Distribution Of Business Valuation Interests
Our lawyers are highly skilled when it comes to all facets pertaining to business valuation in a divorce context. We can help you with:
- Determining the profitability of the business and how it might be affected by a change in leadership, dissolution, buy-out, etc.
- Working with a business valuation specialist or other qualified experts who can determine the fair market value of the physical assets and goodwill of the business
- Examining of hidden assets or income, tax credits and liabilities of the business
- Considering all outstanding and accrued tax liabilities as well as other debts
- Assessing credits the business may have
Our attorneys have the knowledge, legal skills and practical experience needed to address all types of business valuation issues.
Call Or Send An Email For A No Cost Consultation
Don’t let your legal issue drag on when it may affect your business or your personal relationships. To speak with one of our divorce lawyers at Gallant & Ervin, L.L.C., in Chelmsford, call 978-256-6041 or complete our online form.